About Royal Taxi - Maui's Most Trusted Taxi Service
Our Drivers are locals - and the best kind of tour guides
- All of our drivers are island locals, who know all the best places on Maui, and have personally experienced the activities and places they recommend. You never have to worry about where to go or what to do when you choose Royal Taxi; just ask your driver for expert suggestions and let them show you “Aloha!!”
- If your heart is set on taking a tour, Royal Taxi offers private guided tours to anywhere on the island, including West Maui and the famous Road to Hana.
Meet Our Drivers (more are yet to be coming online...)
Bob Leitz aka “MAUIBOB” has been a Maui lover since the mid-eighties and enjoyed more than 30 vacations here before retiring to the island in 2010.
Bob started working for Royal Taxi in 2012 and enjoys meeting and helping visitors to fulfill their individual adventures.
"Some come here with well planned activities & “bucket lists” and others don’t really know what to do on Maui. I will share the exceptional experiences and the “do not miss” places whether it be touring, snorkeling, dining, sightseeing & entertainment... I love the ocean life here, especially whales & dolphins and have spent countless hours on & in it as a kayaker, snorkeler & stand-up paddle surfer.”
Bob will be a great source of information for the first-timer & has numerous regular & return families from all over the world. Please feel free to request Bob in your order. Mahalo!!
You can enjoy some of Bob’s water adventure videos on YouTube: Bob Leitz
Travel on Maui has never been easier.
Royal Taxi has been serving Maui visitors for more than 30 years. We have the largest privately-owned fleet of safe and reliable minivans and SUVs on the island and we’re here to serve you year-round, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week, holidays included.
When you choose Royal Taxi, you enjoy the benefits of our deep commitment to quality and service, and this is our promise to you:
We are dedicated to your comfort and safety
- Royal Taxi manages its own fleet of air-conditioned vehicles that fit 6 or 7 passengers. We’ll always pick you up in a well-maintained, newer model minivan or SUV with comfy seats and plenty of room for your luggage and gear.
- Your reservation with Royal Taxi is for you and only you. You’ll never need to share your car with another guest, so you can sit back and enjoy your privacy.
- All our drivers are professionals who have been thoroughly background checked to ensure your safety and peace of mind. We require all drivers to have a clean driving abstract and pass a Level 2 security check which we conduct ourselves.
- If you’re traveling with children, just let Royal Taxi know when you make your reservation. We’ll provide clean car and booster seats at no cost to you upon request to ensure the safety of your keiki and help make your family vacation run as smoothly as possible.
You will love our convenience, focus, and reliability
- Our taxis are available whenever you need us. Simply call us or book online and we’ll be there, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- Royal Taxi employs a full-time team of dispatchers who handle all reservations and calls, so your driver can focus on getting you where you need to go safely.
- Rest easy knowing we’ll be there on-time. We are committed to arriving early for any pre-arranged reservation, and within 10 minutes or less for any “Ready Now” call coming from the Kihei / Wailea / Makena area.
Royal Taxi prices are fair - and our service is thorough
- Did you know Royal Taxi is almost the same price as an airport shuttle (shared), but without all the extra stops? In some cases, our taxi is even cheaper! On top of that, the ride is private, and we charge a one-time flat rate, with no per person or excess luggage fees. We accept all major credit cards, including PayPal.
- When it comes to airport transfers, Royal Taxi is second to none. Unlike other taxi or shuttle services, we help you from the moment you land to the moment we drop you at your destination. Our greeters could even greet you (extra charge) when you get off the plane holding a sign with your name, bring you to the baggage claim area and help you with your luggage, then take you to the vehicle where we’ll help you load your gear. Otherwise, once you update your driver, he or she will meet you outside of baggage claim area, in the middle street divder at sign post #2 or #3, just before the train station. It’s our comprehensive service that makes us the best airport taxi on Maui.